SMPB is implementing various prestigious projects in the State namely School Herbal Gardens, Home Herbal Gardens, Institutional Herbal Gardens, Ex-situ & In-
situ conservation of medicinal plants, Conservation of Sacred Grooves with medicinal plants, programs for creation of awareness among the students and
The major achievements are:
- More than 450 farmers registered for the cultivation of Medicinal plants.
- Provide the required assistance to build 25 nurseries that distributes high-quality planting materials to farmers.
- Provide support for research organisations for infrastructure development, product and process development of medicinal plants.
- Provided necessary support for the establishment of processing plants.
- Promote cultivation of Herbals by group cultivation in the co operative sector. Mattathur labour cooperative society in Thrissur districts and Kudumbashree units are notable example of this area.
- ‘Gruhachaithanyam’ project (one Neem and one curry leaf in each household) covered more than 1,50,000 houses all over Kerala.
- ‘Grameenam’ project for health and wealth (cultivation of medicinal plants cum ex-situ conservation) project covers 3 panchayaths in Kerala.
- School herbal garden, an initiative of SMPB Kerala, initiated the development and maintenance of Herbal Garden by students in 600 Government schools and 690 aided and private educational institutions in Kerala.
- Conservation of "Sacred Grooves projects"; provides support for maintaining 90 "Kavus", which are the source of rare and endangered medicinal plants.
- Conducting more than 50 Seminars, training workshops annually by SMPB.